How many times have you fallen in and out of love?
I am not just talking romantic love, it could be a friendship or a recreational activity. Perhaps you once had a strong friendship with someone and over time, things changed and that friendship love is no longer there. Perhaps you loved waterskiing but due to face-planting the water too often, you’re love has tarnished a little. For the women, perhaps you loved handbags but then came to your senses and now love shoes?
Situations, circumstances, actions of our own and others see us fall in and out of love often during our lifetime.
[pər pec̸h′o̵̅o̅ əl]
- The definition of perpetual is something that goes on or lasts forever or an extremely long time.
So how do you find perpetual love?
A love so strong, so unfailing that it withstands the strongest of storms, the harshest of words and most difficult of situations that life can throw at you.
We as Christians know that Christ gives us perpetual love – he ‘owns’ it. For us, it means salvation, forgiveness and a future of hope. Nothing can separate us from the love of God. No matter what we do, have done or will do – Christ loves us. We can say the sharpest of words, our actions can show anger instead of love and compassion yet, when we humbly come to Jesus, he says “It’s okay, I still love you”.
This level of love is mind blowingly brilliant! Think about this…
In a blink of an eye,
- You are forgiven, saved, restored, protected, welcomed and loved unconditionally
- You are no longer an outcast, friendless or homeless
- You go from peasant to princess, daughter of the King
- Full royalty privileges and the ability to call the one who commands the heavens and the earth, Father
- Reassured that if you do your bit here on earth as God wants, you get to sit around a table and feast with the King. Not one day but every day.
- You are called by name into His presence
- He will command His angels to protect you
- He will give you the desires of your heart because you desire Him
He will be the most loyal, trusting, faithful friend that meets you at 2am in the morning when you can’t sleep, watches over you when you do, cries with you, laughs with you, gives you a kick in the butt when you need it, challenges you, inspires you and at the end of every day, wraps his arms around you as you rest in His love.
Perpetual love…you just have to have it. No more excuses. No more waiting for the perfect moment. No more thinking you are unworthy. Accept. Embrace. Relish.